Topic author
M1ECY
Rank 7
Rank 7
Hauptanschluß: 669089

Bringing I-Telex to the masses

Beitrag: # 6287Beitrag M1ECY »

Hi All,

I have some interest in I-Telex from the secret nuclear bunker at Kelvedon Hatch - http://www.secretnuclearbunker.com/ is there any English documentation I can take to them, to see if I can persuade them to get some of their 100 or so Teleprinters back on line?

I am in discussion with the owner, and he wants to know more - I am guessing anything that happens will be down to me to manage and sort out, but hopefully an interesting challenge.

Cheers
Sean
669089 Siemen G - T100S Online 24H
299709 Antosh G - Creed 444 - Double Current R + D (0800 - 2100) and a bit tempremental
459724 NC

Helge

Re: Bringing I-Telex to the masses

Beitrag: # 6290Beitrag Helge »

Hi Sean,

there should be an English version of the website - Alex was doing this. Johannes also has great Information.

But to do actual advertising there is nothing I would know of. "Passat22" has made a German brochure/flyer of some kind, this might be the
right way if translated.

Fore a first discussion something not so technical is neeeded.

Regards

Helge

Topic author
M1ECY
Rank 7
Rank 7
Hauptanschluß: 669089

Beitrag: # 6292Beitrag M1ECY »

In the short term, I have replied to the owner, and pointed him to Johannes pages - I have also added a very basic description of what is needed to make a system work.

I will most likely go and see the owner of the museum in a couple of weeks - even if it is just to see if I can take my system to site to demonstrate a working Teleprinter - there are so many machines there that have not run in years, it will be some serious work to make a good display :)

Hopefully, I can persuade him that this is a good idea, and worth investing in - should be interesting for visitors to the museum as well.
669089 Siemen G - T100S Online 24H
299709 Antosh G - Creed 444 - Double Current R + D (0800 - 2100) and a bit tempremental
459724 NC

Helge

Beitrag: # 6294Beitrag Helge »

ok, thanks. Johannes site is very good, but it gets technical quite fast. Whast's missing in almost all documentation is, that the port-Cards
for the teleprinters can be customised to fit non german systems.

Furthermore te possibility to get in to contact with not only plain old germans might also be of interest.

Good Luck, Helge
Antworten

Zurück zu „General Discussion“