Resetting ethernet connection Thema ist als GELÖST markiert

For service and support with i-Telex, its components and teleprinters in general

Topic author
arvadateletypes
Rank 1
Rank 1
Hauptanschluß:

Resetting ethernet connection

Beitrag: # 5687Beitrag arvadateletypes »

Greetings. This is Paul, from Arvada Colorado USA. I'm working hard to try to get my Teletype Model 32 working on i-Telex.

First remaining known problem: I have far too much loop current (78ma) so am awaiting some resistors to bring it down. The Teletype was designed for 60ma. I believe, and it might work for 50ma but I won't know until I test it. I may have to significantly rewire the teletype to get it to work with 40ma. Another i-Telex user has provided me instructions do just that. But before I start rewiring, I will try with resistors to bring down the loop current. I've ordered some resistors and am awaiting their arrival in the post.

Second remaining known problem is that the ethernet connection is not requesting DHCP from my router. My subnet is 192.168.1.x. When I look on the router, I do not see any new devices registering. After the power and test sequence is complete, the green LED is lit. The button does not seem to do anything. My german is not the best, but the reset procedure described in the documentation, as best I understand it, does not seem to be working.

Any ideas?

Paul

FredSonnenrein
Founder
Founder
Hauptanschluß: 8579924 hawe d

Re: Resetting ethernet connection

Beitrag: # 5689Beitrag FredSonnenrein »

Hi Paul.
At first the green LED shall go off after the reset procedure. Stayin on indicates clearly that there is a problem with the internal network connection.
Wait a few minutes, sometimes the LED goes off then.
Then press the button for a second and the teleprinter should type the actual IP address of the ethernet board.
Try to open the web configuration using this address.
If this doesn't work you should update the firmware on the ethernet board (see below).

The "reset defaults" procedure actually doesn't work well with "older" revisions of the ethernet board.
Do you have a windows pc with an serial (RS232) interface or an USB-RS232-adaptor?

Then you may update the ethernet board to the current verision.

Here is a small manual: https://sourceforge.net/p/itelex/code-0 ... format=raw
Grüße,
Fred Sonnenrein, Braunschweig
i-Telex 952741 (Lo133), 8579924 (T100s), 781272 (T100), 792911 (T68d) oder 531072 (T.typ.72)
Bei besetzt oder gestört bitte 531002 versuchen.

Topic author
arvadateletypes
Rank 1
Rank 1
Hauptanschluß:

Beitrag: # 5698Beitrag arvadateletypes »

Thank you, Fred! I will try one or both of your suggestions and let you know.

Topic author
arvadateletypes
Rank 1
Rank 1
Hauptanschluß:

Beitrag: # 5870Beitrag arvadateletypes »

An update. I'm back from traveling and had a chance to try updating the firmware on the ethernet board. The update was successful and was verified.

The procedure described in the text file did NOT work. Pressing the button never lit the blue LED. To get the update to work, I started the upload.bat file and then turned on the iTelex system and the upload started and completed.

However there is still no change. Pressing the button on the board does nothing, holding the button does nothing. And the board is not connecting to my router which would assign it an IP in the range 192.168.1.xxx. When I log into the router, I do not see the teletype.

So I am unable to get the iTelex to hook up via ethernet. Any other suggestions?

Note: the teletype is configured on the TW39 connection. I can dial 80 to get the message test, and 81 to get the distortion test. I did not try dialing 82!

Paul

Helge

Beitrag: # 5871Beitrag Helge »

Hi Paul,

that's bad. I got it right, pressing the button on the ethernet card does nothing?
Are you able to log the debug-log via the Serial on the board?

Helge

FredSonnenrein
Founder
Founder

Beitrag: # 5873Beitrag FredSonnenrein »

Please describe what's the LED doing at the Ethernet board after power on...
Grüße,
i-Telex 952741 (Lo133), 8579924 (T100s), 781272 (T100), 792911 (T68d) oder 531072 (T.typ.72)

Topic author
arvadateletypes
Rank 1
Rank 1
Hauptanschluß:

Beitrag: # 5874Beitrag arvadateletypes »

Thank you both for responding.

Helge: I did not try looking at a debug-log. Please advise how and I will try this!

Fred: A video the the startup sequence is posted here: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Annuml6vlPH1guA9zuCkBk2Fg10RqA
If you have any more questions about the lights or things I can try, please let me know. I've tried two different ethernet cables with no change.

PS: You will notice the bottom channel of the dual TW39 board is not working. That is because of one the TW39 chips was bad. It was originally on the top channel and I swapped top and bottom chips to determine it was a bad chip. I'll be replacing that later.

Danke das ich darf Englisch schreiben.
Grüße aus Arvada Colorado

FredSonnenrein
Founder
Founder

Beitrag: # 5880Beitrag FredSonnenrein »

The Ethernet Board stuck at establishing the connection.
Do you see if the 'traffic' LED at your switch resp. router blinks?
Did you try the DHCP-reset procedure? Maybe you don't know what i mean, if so I'll explain...
What kind of backplane do you use for the i-telex? If self made please check that the pins A14, C14, A16, C16, ... AA24, C24 are all isolated from each other and from neighboring board connectors.

To log some debug information, use a null modem cable and an terminal program set to 9600 baud 8-N-1 and record the debug log after powering on.

Fred
Grüße,

Topic author
arvadateletypes
Rank 1
Rank 1
Hauptanschluß:

Beitrag: # 5885Beitrag arvadateletypes »

Thanks Fred. Yes I see the treffic lights blink on port at the switch. I'll hook up the serial connection on boot and report back.

Please do explain the DHCP reset procedure. Thank you.

I'm using a backplane I bought from Henning.

Paul

Topic author
arvadateletypes
Rank 1
Rank 1
Hauptanschluß:

Beitrag: # 5888Beitrag arvadateletypes »

Hi Fred, here is the log. It ended with the error, nothing more. I waited about 30 seconds after the error on MMC/SD to see if something else would happen. Nothing more was put into the log.

iTelex...
UART Initialisiert
STDOUT Initialisiert
CLOCK Initialisiert
LED_core Initialisiert
Config Initialisiert
EXTINT Initialisiert
MMC/SD Error​
Antworten

Zurück zu „Service and Support“