Building a Fernschaltgerat?

For service and support with i-Telex, its components and teleprinters in general
Antworten

Topic author
M1ECY
Rank 7
Rank 7
Hauptanschluß: 669089

Building a Fernschaltgerat?

Beitrag: # 6097Beitrag M1ECY »

Now that I have a working system, and seeing as there is some interest from others in the UK, I wonder about the possibility of building an FSG from common available parts here in the UK?

Obviously now I understand how critical it is to be able to dial a number, and the ability to switch the TP on and off via the system is also a very good thing.

I guess at the moment the timing of the dialling pulses will be quite critical, but is there any technical reason why I could not base a UK FSG on the design of the Siemens unit I got from Henning?

Looking forward to any ideas regarding this.

Thanks
Sean
669089 Siemen G - T100S Online 24H
299709 Antosh G - Creed 444 - Double Current R + D (0800 - 2100) and a bit tempremental
459724 NC

Helge

Re: Building a Fernschaltgerat?

Beitrag: # 6098Beitrag Helge »

Hi Sean,

the easyest FSG would be one that would not use any Rotary dialling at all, if you you use itelex that's even how the
German Net worked from 1979 on.

Martin has offered an idea how to do so. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=379&hilit=fernschaltger%C3%A4t

Regards

Helge

Helge

Beitrag: # 6099Beitrag Helge »

a Problem you might face is the different Interface UK TP use natively.

They use "Doppelstrom" opposed to "Einfachstrom" in the old German system.
They use CCITT SystemB signs, so they should be interoperable with I-telex.

Topic author
M1ECY
Rank 7
Rank 7
Hauptanschluß: 669089

Beitrag: # 6100Beitrag M1ECY »

Thanks Helge, So, if we do not use rotary dialling, how do you dial a number? using the keys on the TP?

At the moment I am not considering the problem of different line current system, just the matter of switching the TP on via I Telex, and dialling a number - for me the use of a rotary dial is a very nice feature, and is very similar to how things were done here in the UK up until the mid 1980s

I will have a look at a UK rotary dial and compare the operation of the dialling circuit to the German system - I do know that German telephones can be made to work here in the UK, so hopefully that part of the system will be relatively simple.
669089 Siemen G - T100S Online 24H
299709 Antosh G - Creed 444 - Double Current R + D (0800 - 2100) and a bit tempremental
459724 NC

Helge

Beitrag: # 6101Beitrag Helge »

hi Sean,

you can use a Rotary dial if you want. If you omit it, you have to use the tp keys.

Adapting british or german telphones should not be a Problem.
Antworten

Zurück zu „Service and Support“