Changed addresses of i-telex subscriber servers

For service and support with i-Telex, its components and teleprinters in general
Antworten

Topic author
FredSonnenrein
Founder
Founder
Hauptanschluß: 8579924 hawe d

Changed addresses of i-telex subscriber servers

Beitrag: # 34903Beitrag FredSonnenrein »

Hello all,

There is an important change regarding the i-telex subscribers servers planned: First the short version:

Please use only the following addresses as subscriber servers of the i-Telex in the future:

tlnserv.teleprinter.net
tlnserv2.teleprinter.net
(alternatively telexgateway.de)
tlnserv3.teleprinter.net

Thus all users of the "original" i-Telex are called upon to enter the above addresses in the configuration under "i-Telex network".

Now the complete story:

Some weeks ago a minor change of the server structure already has been made. The server at telexgateway.de, formerly operated by Klaus and Paul, had to be shut down. So I have installed a new cloud based server at the address tlnserv2.teleprinter.net with the same applications as on telexgateway.de before. And the address telexgateway.de was also redirected to that cloud server, so in fact this step needed no activities for the i-telex users.

The next step is: The "old" subscriber server "under my control" at the address sonnibs.no-ip.org is obsolete now. This server is running on a rather old PC at my place, I don't want to let it run around the clock in the medium term. On the other hand, I don't want to change the hostname to the cloud service.

The "shutdown" will no longer happen this year, but certainly next year.

Before the shutdown, I will look at the logs of this "old" server again and see who missed the "switchover".

Impotant note: Even if somebody misses this change at all, he/she will be still "online" at the i-telex. The concept of three servers was chosen to have redundancy. The system would even work with only one server. All three servers are "synchronized" so all have the same data.

In case of any question please contact me.

Many greetings,

Fred
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor FredSonnenrein für den Beitrag (Insgesamt 2):
deBartZaphod
Grüße,
Fred Sonnenrein, Braunschweig
i-Telex 952741 (Lo133), 8579924 (T100s), 781272 (T100), 792911 (T68d) oder 531072 (T.typ.72)
Bei besetzt oder gestört bitte 531002 versuchen.

M1ECY
Rank 7
Rank 7
Hauptanschluß: 669089

Re: Changed addresses of i-telex subscriber servers

Beitrag: # 35240Beitrag M1ECY »

Thanks for the new information Fred.

Changes have been made.

Regards
Sean
669089 Siemen G - T100S Online 24H
299709 Antosh G - Creed 444 - Double Current R + D (0800 - 2100) and a bit tempremental
459724 NC
Antworten

Zurück zu „Service and Support“