Antworten

Topic author
kn4ucl
Rank 1
Rank 1
Hauptanschluß:

News services I can sign up for?

Beitrag: # 37616Beitrag kn4ucl »

Dear i-Telexers - apologies in advance if this is the wrong place to post or if this is covered elsewhere!

Since the demise of twitter-based news services, are there any other similar services that anyone is running as a public i-telex service that I can join?

Failing that I would cheerfully build my own, but I don't know how I would do that - but I do have a few raspberry pis lying around :dance:

I miss my M32 telex bursting in to life periodically :hehe:

cheers! Andy
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor kn4ucl für den Beitrag:
tasto
i-Telex: 792029
Identifier: GKLDK HOU
Machine: Teletype Model 32ASR
Forum Nickname: kn4ucl
Afu Call: KN4UCL

obrecht
Rank 6
Rank 6
Hauptanschluß: 833539 fili d

Re: News services I can sign up for?

Beitrag: # 37643Beitrag obrecht »

Just an idea...
piTelex contains a RSS reader and printer feature which consists of two parts. The first part retrieves RSS feed entries from user selectable sources, reformats them according to the needs of a teleprinter and stores the result to a file in a predefined directory. The second part monitors the directory for newly arrived files and prints them to the TTY.

For details see
https://github.com/fablab-wue/piTelex/wiki/SW_RSS-feed
https://github.com/fablab-wue/piTelex/w ... FileWriter

Now the idea is to use the first part (rssFileWriter) to collect messages, and maybe use structures from the "Rundsendedienst" from Willi or Detlef to route the messages to the appropriate subscribers. Maybe the subscription management part could be adopted from the "BND".....

Just my 2 cents; my programming skills are far from sufficient for this task :oldno:
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor obrecht für den Beitrag (Insgesamt 2):
Baderbahnkn4ucl
Viele Grüße,
Rolf

833538 obrac d  24/7  (FS220)
833539 fili d   24/7  (T100a)
833540 rowo d   24/7  (T100/R) 
71920 actelex d 24/7  (T68d)
833541 obby d   24/7  (T37h)
833142 rolf d   24/7  (Lo15A) (pi-telex ist endlich fertig!)

Topic author
kn4ucl
Rank 1
Rank 1
Hauptanschluß:

Re: News services I can sign up for?

Beitrag: # 37735Beitrag kn4ucl »

Thanks Rolf for the info. Looks interesting. Although at first glance it looks a bit above my pay grade, in terms of technical complexity :hehe:

And this solution does not use i-telex, does it? I guess I was hoping that someone had an idiot-proof news service (or even big ben!) that is accessible via i-telex that I can sign up for. On the other hand, I would like to pursue a Pi option, but based on my skill level I would need a step-by-step recipe :thumbup:

Thanks folks!
Andy
i-Telex: 792029
Identifier: GKLDK HOU
Machine: Teletype Model 32ASR
Forum Nickname: kn4ucl
Afu Call: KN4UCL
Antworten

Zurück zu „General Discussion“