French 25 Years Old Presentation

Hier kann jeder eine kurze Vorstellung über sich verfassen ...

tasto
Rank 6
Rank 6
Hauptanschluß: 16652 tasto dd

Re: French 25 Years Old Presentation

Beitrag: # 34848Beitrag tasto »

Bonsoir,

I just rewatched your first video. At the end of it you recognized a difference between the key you pressed and the letter that was written. For example: you typed O and a 9 was written, you typed an I and a 8 was written and so on.
There's a simple explanaition to this behaviour. On every type lever there are two signs. One letter and one number or special character. O and 9, I and 8, U and 7 share the same type lever. You can choose whether you want to type a letter or a number/special character by pressing the keys "CH" (chiffres) on the left of your keyboard and "LET." (lettres) on the right
Alternately pressing theses two keys should move the level of your type basket up and down.

Bon courage pour la réparation.

ita_2.png
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
78956 vrdpl dd - T51 (Standgehäuse)
16652 tasto dd - T51 (Tischgehäuse)

M1ECY
Rank 7
Rank 7
Hauptanschluß: 669089

Beitrag: # 34895Beitrag M1ECY »

Hello Theo,

So, I have had time to watch your video now.

The machine is really in perfect condition!

So, your description of the control unit operation looks to be correct, and I think the functional status is right without the Telex Line from the exchange connected.

You show 6 wires (5 used) for the line connection - this looks like a lot of wiring - Double current signalling really only needs 3 wires - Send, Receive, and Ground. Perhaps the two extra wires are for some external alarm bell, to announce an incoming Telegram, or problem with the machine.

In any case, I do not think these wires are important for local operation.

Please, do not use contact cleaner, it can dissolve some of the materials used in older technology - none of the contacts found in the machine will need chemical cleaning. A simple strip of writing paper folded to make a little thicker will work well to remove any oxidisation - with the power disconnected, carefully slide the paper strip through the various relay contacts using gentle finger pressure only.

We need to stop the machine racing - I think once this happens it will be easier to understand why your machine is not behaving correctly - Tasto is onto something with the shift level not being correct - but first we need to make the operation of the mechanical part correct.

We could really use some documentation for the device - I will spend some time today trying to search for some, but I think you have already looked on line. Sagem machines were never to my knowledge used in the UK, so I guess any searches online will be best en Francais, which will leave me at a serious disadvantage :)

Do not worry, this machine is so close to working correctly, we will help you have a fully working machine - It is a pity that you are not local - I would be happy to help in person, but the journey is not so simple :)
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor M1ECY für den Beitrag:
WolfgangH
669089 Siemen G - T100S Online 24H
299709 Antosh G - Creed 444 - Double Current R + D (0800 - 2100) and a bit tempremental
459724 NC

M1ECY
Rank 7
Rank 7

Beitrag: # 34896Beitrag M1ECY »

Theo,

This page, for a slightly later machine has some information that is useful to us - it shows the connections to the machine from the control unit, and expected signalling voltage (somewhat lower than the UK system)

http://f6hcc.free.fr/telex.htm
299709 Antosh G - Creed 444 - Double Current R + D (0800 - 2100) and a bit tempremental
459724 NC

M1ECY
Rank 7
Rank 7

Beitrag: # 34897Beitrag M1ECY »

And another very good page - the section on Teleprinters looks like it covers all of the basics - Perhaps this will also help

https://www.pascalchour.fr/ressources/rtty/rtty.htm#V
459724 NC

DF3OE
Founder
Founder
Hauptanschluß: 925302 treu d

Beitrag: # 34902Beitrag DF3OE »

Theo,
here are some French books that might be interesting to read for understanding Telex:

https://www.leboncoin.fr/collection/2262387428.htm
https://www.leboncoin.fr/livres/1716111621.htm
mfg
henning +++

925302 treu d - T1000Z (Hauptanschluss)
55571 fvler a - T100S
210911za hmb d - T150 (Werkstatt)
218308 test d - T1000S/LS (Werkstatt)
925333 =treu d (Minitelex Sanyo SF100) defekt
Fax G2/G3: 05176-9754481 (Sanyo SF100 Thermofax) defekt

Topic author
KraftwerkNation63
Rank 1
Rank 1
Hauptanschluß:

Beitrag: # 34914Beitrag KraftwerkNation63 »

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to answer only now, between the birthday of my father and the restauration of my house. The time is hard to have.
WolfHenk hat geschrieben: Mi 30. Nov 2022, 19:14 Hmmm...
Je vois qu'au final l'un de nous devra démarrer la machine et l'assembler chez vous...
...quelque part au centre de la France...
...et sans connaissance approfondie des machines, sans parler des bons outils.
Et enfin et surtout sans aucune connaissance du français.
C'est quelque chose pour les vacances d'été. Ce n'est pas loin de Chevennes. Apportez votre moto...

I see that in the end one of us will have to start the machine and assemble it at your place...
...somewhere in the middle of France...
...and without in-depth machine knowledge, let alone the right tools.
And last but not least without any knowledge of French.
It's something for summer vacation. It's not far from Chevennes. Bring your motorbike...

Ich sehe, dass am Ende einer von uns die Maschine starten und bei Ihnen zusammenbauen muss ...
...irgendwo in der Mitte Frankreichs...
...und ohne fundierte Maschinenkenntnisse, geschweige denn die richtigen Werkzeuge.
Und nicht zuletzt ohne Französischkenntnisse.
Es ist etwas für den Sommerurlaub. Es ist nicht weit von den Chevennen. Nimm dein Motorrad mit...

Be careful with contact cleaner, it also has to be removed from the contacts. It is usually corrosive and eats away at long-term contacts.
Soyez prudent avec le nettoyant pour contacts, celui-ci doit également être retiré des contacts. Il est généralement corrosif et rongera les contacts à long terme.

- ich bin raus...
Ok, I will not use contact cleaner. It is to risky you are right!
tasto hat geschrieben: Mi 30. Nov 2022, 23:00 Bonsoir,

I just rewatched your first video. At the end of it you recognized a difference between the key you pressed and the letter that was written. For example: you typed O and a 9 was written, you typed an I and a 8 was written and so on.
There's a simple explanaition to this behaviour. On every type lever there are two signs. One letter and one number or special character. O and 9, I and 8, U and 7 share the same type lever. You can choose whether you want to type a letter or a number/special character by pressing the keys "CH" (chiffres) on the left of your keyboard and "LET." (lettres) on the right
Alternately pressing theses two keys should move the level of your type basket up and down.

Bon courage pour la réparation.
Tasto, thanks for your explanation. I will test that. :jajas:
M1ECY hat geschrieben: Sa 3. Dez 2022, 07:45 Hello Theo,

So, I have had time to watch your video now.

The machine is really in perfect condition!

So, your description of the control unit operation looks to be correct, and I think the functional status is right without the Telex Line from the exchange connected.

You show 6 wires (5 used) for the line connection - this looks like a lot of wiring - Double current signalling really only needs 3 wires - Send, Receive, and Ground. Perhaps the two extra wires are for some external alarm bell, to announce an incoming Telegram, or problem with the machine.

In any case, I do not think these wires are important for local operation.

Please, do not use contact cleaner, it can dissolve some of the materials used in older technology - none of the contacts found in the machine will need chemical cleaning. A simple strip of writing paper folded to make a little thicker will work well to remove any oxidisation - with the power disconnected, carefully slide the paper strip through the various relay contacts using gentle finger pressure only.

We need to stop the machine racing - I think once this happens it will be easier to understand why your machine is not behaving correctly - Tasto is onto something with the shift level not being correct - but first we need to make the operation of the mechanical part correct.

We could really use some documentation for the device - I will spend some time today trying to search for some, but I think you have already looked on line. Sagem machines were never to my knowledge used in the UK, so I guess any searches online will be best en Francais, which will leave me at a serious disadvantage :)

Do not worry, this machine is so close to working correctly, we will help you have a fully working machine - It is a pity that you are not local - I would be happy to help in person, but the journey is not so simple :)
Hi M1ECY,
For the 6 mystery cables, ok, so not an very important think to test the machine. It is good! :llach:
Promise! I will not use contact cleaner. I will clean the contact as you describe. Really, thanks for your kindness. Sure we will found with little time. Pitty that Sagem was only for south europeen countries.I have try to found the documentation, but impossible. I will post an "ask" on leboncoin. Maybe a person have one on for sell. I will check your link, but i think i have read it before.
DF3OE hat geschrieben: Sa 3. Dez 2022, 12:43 Theo,
here are some French books that might be interesting to read for understanding Telex:

https://www.leboncoin.fr/collection/2262387428.htm
https://www.leboncoin.fr/livres/1716111621.htm
Hi DF3OE,
I have buy the second book, for the first the person don't want to send it but sure i will found an other exemplary.

Have a Nice Sunday.

Thanks for all to take the time to help me.

best regards

Topic author
KraftwerkNation63
Rank 1
Rank 1
Hauptanschluß:

Beitrag: # 34945Beitrag KraftwerkNation63 »

Hi Everyone,

I have take precise pictures... If a person see a suspect thing...! I have check all the fuse, all are good.

Best regards
IMG_9268.jpg
IMG_9269.jpg
IMG_9270.jpg
IMG_9271.jpg
IMG_9272.jpg
IMG_9273.jpg
IMG_9274.jpg
IMG_9275.jpg
IMG_9276.jpg
IMG_9277.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor KraftwerkNation63 für den Beitrag:
WolfgangH

Topic author
KraftwerkNation63
Rank 1
Rank 1
Hauptanschluß:

Beitrag: # 34946Beitrag KraftwerkNation63 »

IMG_9280.jpg
IMG_9279.jpg
IMG_9278.jpg

I have seen a interesting thing. The little bulbs never light.. Maybe a sign of anything...!

M1ECY
Rank 7
Rank 7

Beitrag: # 34947Beitrag M1ECY »

Wow, that's a beast! - Makes even the UK control unit look simple!

Okay, there are some resistors that look like the wire is unwinding, that could possibly be a problem.

The lamps that do not light, could be neon tubes, that only light when an over voltage situation exists.

Do you have anywhere you can post the full size images - it would be helpful to also get a picture of the connection points for the signal cable for the Teleprinter - I can see the motor connections, but the line is not so simple.
459724 NC

M1ECY
Rank 7
Rank 7

Beitrag: # 34948Beitrag M1ECY »

These would be interesting to check for resistance.

They, along with their wiring look to have got quite hot.

For a control unit this complicated, a Schematic will be really helpful!
Resistors.PNG
459724 NC
Antworten

Zurück zu „Benutzer-Vorstellungen“