French 25 Years Old Presentation

Hier kann jeder eine kurze Vorstellung über sich verfassen ...

DF3OE
Founder
Founder
Hauptanschluß: 925302 treu d
Re: French 25 Years Old Presentation

Beitrag: # 34810Beitrag DF3OE »

That's really sad to hear.
No worries, here are you at the right place.
With United help of all of us here we will get also
you online on i-Telex.
As already mentioned, first step will be to get your machine working locally with the control unit that is attached to your machine.

What happens when you power up the machine with the control unit?
mfg
henning +++

925302 treu d - T1000Z (Hauptanschluss)
55571 fvler a - T100S
210911za hmb d - T150 (Werkstatt)
218308 test d - T1000S/LS (Werkstatt)
925333 =treu d (Minitelex Sanyo SF100) defekt
Fax G2/G3: 05176-9754481 (Sanyo SF100 Thermofax) defekt

Topic author
KraftwerkNation63
Rank 1
Rank 1
Hauptanschluß:

Beitrag: # 34820Beitrag KraftwerkNation63 »

Hi DF3OE,

Thanks for your kindness. I have make a little clip movie on Youtube. There is the link to show to you:

I have a General question: Is it useful if i wrote the explanation of the movie on the forum for the people who don't understand my beautiful english language? :D
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor KraftwerkNation63 für den Beitrag (Insgesamt 2):
WolfgangHReinholdKoch

tasto
Rank 6
Rank 6
Hauptanschluß: 16652 tasto dd

Beitrag: # 34821Beitrag tasto »

Your beautiful english is OK. :)
For me, there's no need for an additional explanation.
78956 vrdpl dd - T51 (Standgehäuse)
16652 tasto dd - T51 (Tischgehäuse)

Topic author
KraftwerkNation63
Rank 1
Rank 1
Hauptanschluß:

Beitrag: # 34822Beitrag KraftwerkNation63 »

tasto hat geschrieben: Di 29. Nov 2022, 16:58 Your beautiful english is OK. :)
For me, there's no need for an additional explanation.
Thanks :llach: I hope that my Telexforum coworker will help me to make this Teletypewriter working! :D

DF3OE
Founder
Founder
Hauptanschluß: 925302 treu d

Beitrag: # 34824Beitrag DF3OE »

No problems to understand everything.

Your machine is "running open" as it is called. That is wrong.
It means there is no line (signal) current
connected to the machine itself. The machine must not clatter, it has to be silent just
with the motor running and you should be able to type like on a typewriter.
As you explained yourself, your control unit has a local mode function.
What happens when you switch on the local switch?
mfg
henning +++

925302 treu d - T1000Z (Hauptanschluss)
55571 fvler a - T100S
210911za hmb d - T150 (Werkstatt)
218308 test d - T1000S/LS (Werkstatt)
925333 =treu d (Minitelex Sanyo SF100) defekt
Fax G2/G3: 05176-9754481 (Sanyo SF100 Thermofax) defekt

WolfgangH
Rank 10
Rank 10
Hauptanschluß: 978310 whoe a

Beitrag: # 34827Beitrag WolfgangH »

Bonjour Théo,

first a warm welcome here in the forum from my side. It's very nice to have you here with an interesting machine. Unfortunately my French is very poor, so I will use English.
The machine is in very good mechanical condition. It seems, that you "only" need to fix the electrical issue. Unfortunately I have no experience with double current connections at all.

Your video ist very nice and the introduction is fully understandable. I have a very good impression about the situation but sadly not the solution to your problem, just a vew hints.

Your local mode is not running correctly. The control unit should deliver the necessary line current (for signal line) to the teleprinter, but it obviously doesn't. That is the reason why your teleprinter tickers all the time and doesn't print the right letters.

There could be several reasons, maybe you could start with easy ones. Can you check the control unit for blown/bad fuses and damaged or cut cables?

What happens if you turn the switch on your control unit to the left? (Maybe in combination with the "ESSAI LOCAL" button)
Sagem_Control-unit.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor WolfgangH für den Beitrag:
ReinholdKoch
Gruß
Wolfgang

Linz:
978310 whoe a - T100a ** 69558 kfrey d - T100s ** 21800 winter a - T38a ** 978333 =whoe a - Minitelex

Kirchham: (Nachrichtenabruf an Wochenenden, Feiertagen, ...)
56449 sche d - T37i ** 11913 hoellw a - LO 3000 (100 Baud) ** 244656 kirchh a - T68d

Topic author
KraftwerkNation63
Rank 1
Rank 1
Hauptanschluß:

Beitrag: # 34830Beitrag KraftwerkNation63 »

Hi Wolfgang, and DF3OE,

Thanks Wolfgang for your Welcoming!

So. When i switch the control to the left in "Controle Local", and i push the button "Essai Local" the same thing of my Youtube Clip happend. Nothing Change.

I will check if i see bad wires or fuses. But in my mind. No. :suspect:

If you think at every moment that it is more simple for you and me to found a other Teletype, maybe more "Modern", don't hesitate. But really i love this model. :D
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor KraftwerkNation63 für den Beitrag:
WolfgangH

M1ECY
Rank 7
Rank 7
Hauptanschluß: 669089

Beitrag: # 34833Beitrag M1ECY »

Hello Theo,

Okay, so you have some good news, the motor is functional, but the machine races when it should be silent.

Is the connection to the control unit by plug and socket, or is this by loose wires and terminals - perhaps if this is the case, then a poor connection has been made?

Uploading as many high quality images as possible will help.

Life for us is more complicated - The French, and English Telex system is "Double Current" - for the UK (and I expect French) systems, the signalling potential is +80v - 0 - -80v - the positive and negative potentials form the mark and space conditions that make up basic Telex signalling.

A Negative potential indicates a Mark condition, and a Positive potential indicates a Space condition.

Now, the important part to consider - all Telex Line based systems actually work on current - in our Double Current systems this means +/-20ma Loop current.

For short lines the voltage needed will be quite low in reality.

How does this affect your problem?

Well, the Receive Magnets in your Sagem will be pushed or pulled according to the condition of this local line current from the controller - the operation of this magnet will then influence the clutch that allows the machine to be active or in standby - it sounds like this component is not working as it should. This might be because there is some failed fuse or dirty contact, or possibly some failed component in the controller - do not worry, almost everything can be repaired.

Please, try to post some detailed pictures of the machine, we will identify the receive magnet, and actuator, then we can try some tests to see if this mechanism is working.

I am working away from home a lot but will try to be as responsive as possible to help you get the machine working locally first.

Bon Chance!

Sean
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor M1ECY für den Beitrag:
WolfgangH
669089 Siemen G - T100S Online 24H
299709 Antosh G - Creed 444 - Double Current R + D (0800 - 2100) and a bit tempremental
459724 NC

Topic author
KraftwerkNation63
Rank 1
Rank 1
Hauptanschluß:

Beitrag: # 34843Beitrag KraftwerkNation63 »

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your answer. I have order an « contact cleaner ». We will see if it can be good. For the plug, it is a plug with a « security screw » so no change of bad contact, but maybe the plug must be clean! So, I will made a batch a pictures soon.

Thanks for your help! 😄

WolfHenk
Rank 4
Rank 4
Hauptanschluß: 38718 wlfhnk d

Beitrag: # 34845Beitrag WolfHenk »

Hmmm...
Je vois qu'au final l'un de nous devra démarrer la machine et l'assembler chez vous...
...quelque part au centre de la France...
...et sans connaissance approfondie des machines, sans parler des bons outils.
Et enfin et surtout sans aucune connaissance du français.
C'est quelque chose pour les vacances d'été. Ce n'est pas loin de Chevennes. Apportez votre moto...

I see that in the end one of us will have to start the machine and assemble it at your place...
...somewhere in the middle of France...
...and without in-depth machine knowledge, let alone the right tools.
And last but not least without any knowledge of French.
It's something for summer vacation. It's not far from Chevennes. Bring your motorbike...

Ich sehe, dass am Ende einer von uns die Maschine starten und bei Ihnen zusammenbauen muss ...
...irgendwo in der Mitte Frankreichs...
...und ohne fundierte Maschinenkenntnisse, geschweige denn die richtigen Werkzeuge.
Und nicht zuletzt ohne Französischkenntnisse.
Es ist etwas für den Sommerurlaub. Es ist nicht weit von den Chevennen. Nimm dein Motorrad mit...

Be careful with contact cleaner, it also has to be removed from the contacts. It is usually corrosive and eats away at long-term contacts.
Soyez prudent avec le nettoyant pour contacts, celui-ci doit également être retiré des contacts. Il est généralement corrosif et rongera les contacts à long terme.

- ich bin raus...
38718 wlfhnk d I-Telex (7:00 - 22:00 ME(S)Z) nachts Anrufbeantworter T-100
36355 wlfhnk d PiTelex mit SEU/M im OeAGT (24/7, Kennung: 857418 hofes d) T-37 (sucht neues Zuhause)
Antworten

Zurück zu „Benutzer-Vorstellungen“