My First « Near Working » Teletype ASR-33

For service and support with i-Telex, its components and teleprinters in general

M1ECY
Rank 7
Rank 7
Hauptanschluß: 669089

Re: My First « Near Working » Teletype ASR-33

Beitrag: # 37838Beitrag M1ECY »

KraftwerkNation63 hat geschrieben: Di 13. Jun 2023, 20:44 So, if I understand correctly that you says, if I change of machine again, (to found a machine that I love more, to put all my effort on it). I will have not help anymore on this forum. So. I will think on this words a little. I’m a little surprised to be honest.
PS: the Siemens look nice.
Have a good day.
No, Theo,that isnt what I said.

I said you are far more likely to get help if you stick with a machine and work with us - I certainly want to help you get a machine to work, but if you stick with the one you have and learn from the experience of restoring that, the skills you learn can then be used with your next machine.

It is your choice, i am not here to offend you, sorry if that was the meaning you took from my words. It is a great pity to move on from machines, after only a few short days - some of the machines you see restored here by members take months if not years of work.

Perhaps it is easier to make a firm decision which machine interests you most - Being a mainly German based forum and membership, there is most support for German equipment, second place is probably English or Swiss machines, and sadly French machines are really under represented - this being said, we will help you if you want.

We all started to learn this hobby somewhere - very few members are Telex Mechanics by profession, most are self taught, or learned with help from the members here.

Cheers
Sean
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor M1ECY für den Beitrag (Insgesamt 3):
FranzroliwWolfgangH
669089 Siemen G - T100S Online 24H
299709 Antosh G - Creed 444 - Double Current R + D (0800 - 2100) and a bit tempremental
459724 NC

Topic author
KraftwerkNation63
Rank 1
Rank 1
Hauptanschluß:

Beitrag: # 37873Beitrag KraftwerkNation63 »

Hi Sean!

My English is too bad..! :rolleyes:

But I understand that, maybe my attitude is painful for you. I arrive on your forum, with a first machine. You begin to help me. But she was incomplete. So I have sell it.

And now, i was back with a Teletype, you begin to help me and I have in mind to sell it, because the keyboard doesn’t work and it is not a machine who the period is good for my taste.

I am conscious that, all this machine needs at the minimum, a light maintenance. Or at the worst a restauration. I love learn new thing. But, i would like to use your time and put my energy on a machine that I love really. I will try again for the ASR33.

Have a nice day

WolfHenk
Rank 4
Rank 4
Hauptanschluß: 38718 wlfhnk d

Beitrag: # 37874Beitrag WolfHenk »

why not a Siemens T100 for beginning? A good and well engineered machine. Not too complicated electrics.
38718 wlfhnk d I-Telex (7:00 - 22:00 ME(S)Z) nachts Anrufbeantworter T-100
36355 wlfhnk d PiTelex mit SEU/M im OeAGT (24/7, Kennung: 857418 hofes d) T-37 (sucht neues Zuhause)
Ich spreche fließend Oberhessisch, Deutsch das Notwendigste und für die Begriffsstutzigen Tacheles.

M1ECY
Rank 7
Rank 7
Hauptanschluß: 669089

Beitrag: # 37875Beitrag M1ECY »

No problem Theo,

The past is the past, let's move on. The machine you have in your hand is the best one right now - it could take a long time for the perfect machine.

So, pictures - every time you take something apart take pictures before, during and after, post as many as you can here, Watch you tube videos - see how others manage these problems.

Ask questions, take notes, but above all have fun learning new skills.

It's a busy time for some of us on the forum - Ham Radio 2023 is next weekend, and a lot of members here make the trip to Bavaria to meet up and have fun - replys may not be as quick.

Lets see some pictures of how you are getting on?
669089 Siemen G - T100S Online 24H
299709 Antosh G - Creed 444 - Double Current R + D (0800 - 2100) and a bit tempremental
459724 NC

Topic author
KraftwerkNation63
Rank 1
Rank 1
Hauptanschluß:

Beitrag: # 37893Beitrag KraftwerkNation63 »

WolfHenk hat geschrieben: Do 15. Jun 2023, 21:55 why not a Siemens T100 for beginning? A good and well engineered machine. Not too complicated electrics.
If a person have one to sell! It is with pleasure. This model look very nice! But in France impossible to found.

WolfHenk
Rank 4
Rank 4
Hauptanschluß: 38718 wlfhnk d

Beitrag: # 37895Beitrag WolfHenk »

Henning (DF3OE) certainly has T100 left. And now, at the start of the holiday season, someone will definitely be going on holiday to France. With a little good will, a transport should be possible.

I'm going to Vienna in November. Then I can transport stuff. But to Austria and not to France.

Henning (DF3OE) a certainement encore du T100. Et maintenant, avec le début des vacances, quelqu'un ira certainement en vacances en France. Avec un peu de bonne volonté, le transport devrait être possible.
Je vais à Vienne en novembre. Alors je peux porter des choses. Mais en Autriche et pas en France.

(google translation)
38718 wlfhnk d I-Telex (7:00 - 22:00 ME(S)Z) nachts Anrufbeantworter T-100
36355 wlfhnk d PiTelex mit SEU/M im OeAGT (24/7, Kennung: 857418 hofes d) T-37 (sucht neues Zuhause)
Ich spreche fließend Oberhessisch, Deutsch das Notwendigste und für die Begriffsstutzigen Tacheles.

Topic author
KraftwerkNation63
Rank 1
Rank 1
Hauptanschluß:

Beitrag: # 37952Beitrag KraftwerkNation63 »

WolfHenk hat geschrieben: Sa 17. Jun 2023, 07:31 Henning (DF3OE) certainly has T100 left. And now, at the start of the holiday season, someone will definitely be going on holiday to France. With a little good will, a transport should be possible.

I'm going to Vienna in November. Then I can transport stuff. But to Austria and not to France.

Henning (DF3OE) a certainement encore du T100. Et maintenant, avec le début des vacances, quelqu'un ira certainement en vacances en France. Avec un peu de bonne volonté, le transport devrait être possible.
Je vais à Vienne en novembre. Alors je peux porter des choses. Mais en Autriche et pas en France.

(google translation)
Hi WolfHenk,
I will send him a message. If I can found him! :llach:
Thanks for your idea
Antworten

Zurück zu „Service and Support“