Tracing history of German "Foreign Office" T100

Alles, was nicht direkt mit dem i-Telex System oder technischem Support zu tun hat, im entferntesten Sinne aber noch zum Thema Fernschreiber passt.
Antworten

Topic author
M1ECY
Rank 7
Rank 7
Hauptanschluß: 669089

Tracing history of German "Foreign Office" T100

Beitrag: # 40563Beitrag M1ECY »

Hello all,

A bit of a strange request from me, and maybe totally impractical.

I recently purchased a Siemens T100 machine with FSG NL - this came from an advert in Radcom (AFU Magazine)

The machine has some obvious markings that Henning has identified as being German Foreign Office style - Brown Dymo labels, explaining the function of controls.

The seller is someone I have known for years, and was an employee of the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office, working out of Hanslope Park - He will not enter into a discussion of where exactly the machine came from - I suspect there are legal reasons for this.

So, the question for you all - How would I try to trace where this machine came from? all the added labels are in German and it has a QWERTZ keyboard, which to my mind rules out the possibility of this being a machine used by any part of the UK Government in an installation here. Perhaps this was installed by the German Foreign Office in the UK?

Would be interested to know any ideas how I might proceed - would Germany have kept records, or would these have been destroyed by now?

Will take some pictures ofthe machine and add them later this week.

Cheers
Sean
669089 Siemen G - T100S Online 24H
299709 Antosh G - Creed 444 - Double Current R + D (0800 - 2100) and a bit tempremental
459724 NC
Antworten

Zurück zu „Talk-Café“