Pamafa

Hier kann jeder eine kurze Vorstellung über sich verfassen ...

Topic author
pamafa
Rank 1
Rank 1
Hauptanschluß: 115115 pamafa s
Pamafa

Beitrag: # 45628Beitrag pamafa »

M1ECY hat geschrieben: So 25. Aug 2024, 09:12 Hi Ivano,

Your interest in I-Telex is commendable - this is of course primarily a hardware driven platform, as such the preferred route into the network is by collecting a machine - Perhaps something like an Olivetti T2, or perhaps one of the TE models - I have some experience with the TE431 - an interesting machine.

Then a choice - A full I-Telex system from Henning, or build yourself if you have the skills and can follow the clues to gain all the parts, or Pi-Telex, which is more suited to users with good IT skills and a decent understanding of Linux.

Both of these systems need to be added to the subscriber server - this is a centralised server much like a main Telex exchange - this allows incoming calls from other subscribers to be routed to the correct connections.

I have little experience of WinTelex, other than using it as a tool for testing my machines when other services fail.

I wish you good luck with your efforts - I really do encourage you to find a machine, this is certainly the best way to experience 5 bit communication.

Regards
Sean
Thanks Sean.
I'm starting to look around, it seems like a fascinating game.

Ivano.
Antworten

Zurück zu „Benutzer-Vorstellungen“